Dr. Doormat is the first antimicrobial treated doormat designed for home use. Help keep your home clean for babies, asthma and allergy sufferers, guests and the entire family. Dr. Doormat is designed for indoor use and will work effectively outdoors providing the mat is not directly exposed to the elements.
The mat is infused during the manufacturing process with a special antimicrobial treatment that permanently bonds to the fibers of the doormat and cannot be tracked through your house. Dr. Doormat goes to work for you the moment your shoe makes contact, instantly penetrating the cell membrane of the invading odor causing microbe and rendering it harmless. We recommend that your family and guests wipe their shoes thoroughly at least twice on Dr. Doormat before entering the house to guarantee the greatest results. This antimicrobial technology has been verified by its use in consumer and medical goods including diapers, socks and medical drapes for the past 25 years. Dr. Doormat is protected by a special antimicrobial treatment. The chemistry has been accepted and registered with the EPA, EU and other regulatory agencies for this specific application. .
- Made in America
- Available in 2 sizes (see order table for specs).
- 2-year free manufacturer's warranty. Surface area is made of stain resistant recycled and virgin polypropylene fiber, its thick and plush berber design is denser than most mats.
- Elegant bubble pattern scrapes dirt and grit off shoes while removing moisture at the same time.
- Thick rubber backing with molded rubber nibs reduces mat movement.
- One piece construction features a patented raised perimeter which forms a tray that traps water and dirt, preventing them from draining onto the floor.
- For indoor use and can be used outdoors providing you don't have full exposure to the elements, a covered portico would be fine.
EPA-Accepted Antimicrobial Technology
- No need to ever re-treat the mat. The antimicrobial treated surface of Dr. Doormat never depletes and keeps its active level for the life of the product.
- The special antimicrobial treatment of Dr. Doormat is permanently bonded to the surface area of the mat and canít be tracked through your home environment.
- The only antimicrobial treatment on the market that is non-leaching into the environment.
- Penetrates cell membrane of odor causing microbes on contact by a physical mode of action without poisoning the microbe. Thus will not create Superbug (a.k.a. MRSA).
- Prevents degradation of mat extending the life and prevents odors.
See How It Works
You track millions of microbes and toxins into your home every day on your shoes. Dr. Doormat helps trap allergens and minimizes the transference of dust mites, mold, bacteria, fungus and mildew into your home environment. These photographs were taken in a recent lab study testing Dr. Doormat. A swab was taken from the bottom of the shoes and magnified for you to see. On the left is what a shoe looked like before using Dr. Doormat. On the right shows the bottom of the same shoe after wiping twice on Dr. Doormat.
In a lab study using an office building with everyday street traffic for over 6 weeks, Dr. Doormat showed 0% growth. Common doormats including Coir (Coco fiber), Rope, wood and attractive personalized doormats became an active breeding ground for microbial growth. We wanted to test Dr. Doormat in the worst conditions typical of a construction zone or landscaperís environment. In a very aggressive test using heavy top soil on Dr. Doormat, there was 83% reduction in fungus and 70% reduction in bacteria compared with regular doormats showing full growth. You may ask, why did any microbes survive on Dr. Doormat? Dirt has two sides just like all objects and the side that comes in contact with the mat gets killed and the side that doesn't can still survive. With heavy top soil some of the microbes became cocooned in the dirt particles and protected. That's why you need to wipe thoroughly and vacuum the mat regularly. The difference is significant.
The antimicrobial treatment is like a microscopic layer of swords and spikes acting as a barrier upon the surface of the entire doormat. Microbes are negatively charged individual single cell living organisms. The yarn of Dr. Doormat is positively charged pulling the negatively charged microbe down upon its sword like a magnet, piercing the cell membrane and disabling the invading odor causing microorganism on contact. The microbes are not poisoned; instead the technology used by Dr. Doormat has been safely used in medical draperies, disposable diapers and other consumer products for the past 25 years and disables the microbes with a physical mode of action. Dr. Doormat helps significantly reduce the track in of allergens and reduces mold, bacteria, fungus and mildew on contact. Your home is your sanctuary. Help keep your home as healthy and safe for your family as possible.
To get the most out of your mat and to maintain its appearance and usefulness over the longest period of time, the manufacturer suggests the following: Dr. Doormat is designed for indoor use and will work effectively outdoors providing the mat is not directly exposed to the elements. An entrance way that is covered with a portico or some kind of protection would be fine. Shake the mat out regularly and whenever you see debris. Shake it outside your home (NEVER INSIDE THE HOME). Vacuum the mat twice a week especially in heavy traffic areas. If carpet is embedded with excessive soil, shampooing is recommended. Mild liquid detergent (1/4 cup per gallon of water) mixed with tepid water. Hand brush method will yield good results. Rinse with cool water or hose down to remove dirt and excess detergent and place in an inclined position to drain dry. DO NOT USE BLEACH. Steam cleaning or professionally cleaning is allowed. Remember to benefit from Dr. Doormatís antimicrobial features, the surface area of the mat needs to be completely exposed to make contact with the surface areas of the bottom of the shoes or paws stepping on the mat. There is never a need to re-treat the mat and no filters to change.